[TYPO3-dev] Hooks to add information to BE-login form

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jan 13 14:53:10 CET 2010

Hi,

> You know that there is $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['loginNews'] that takes
> date, header and content, i.e.
> array(
> array(
> 'date'=>$_EXTCONF['date'],
> 'header'=>$_EXTCONF['header'],
> 'content'=>$_EXTCONF['content'],
> )
> );
>
> So it's pretty easy to fill that with information. Ok the layout is
> limited. BUT....

As idea for anyone who did not yet know about this a-bit-hidden feature,
I recently created a tiny php script that is referenced in localconf.php
and reads a .txt file in fileadmin. This .txt file contains the actual
"news", this way it's easy to manage without having to update
localconf.php itself.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en