[TYPO3-dev] What should we do with extension quixplorer

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:31:44 CET 2010

On 2010-01-12 16:22:09 +0200, Denyer Ec said:

> Perhaps, with the correct user permissions applied to the BE user, the
> FileList module could be allowed to wander off the webroot path? I've
> little scope as to the potentially negative ramifications of this, but
> it might be a worthwhile stopgap?

I would prefer to keep them separate or at least manage this with
TSConfig (access=off by default). For example, I have a use case where
several users have admin access but I do not want them to wonder around
filesystem outside of fileadmin/. Currently they simply told not to
touch quixplorer. If that could be properly managed in the Web>File, it
would be perfect. I.e. I would give myself access to the "extended"
file system and they will get default. That would be great. Though it
breaks "admin can do anything" concept.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.