[TYPO3-dev] What should we do with extension quixplorer

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 12 13:51:19 CET 2010

Stefan Frömken wrote:
> the most of us think quixplorer is a real cool extension, but if you
> look at last upload date you find an extension from 2007. Let's have a
> look into the bugtracker: There are many patches but there isn't a new
> extension in repository.

The original QuiXplorer project [1] seems abandoned, since the last beta
is from October 2008. That beta version shows up in security advisories
(one of them see [2]), so it would not be wise to use this code for the
extension.

One could ask the question if such 3rd party abandonware should be used
for a new TYPO3 extension.

Maybe it would be nice to build an extension which could form the new
file manager (if DAM is not installed) and (with extra options) the new
quixplorer replacement for admins?

Regards, Jigal.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/quixplorer/files/
[2] http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/508533