[TYPO3-dev] IRRE fields on tt_content

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 08:33:35 CET 2010

Hi!

There are several extensions that do IRRE with tt_content. All of them define their own IRRE columns for tt_content table. This is a mess, of course.

What do you think about adding such columns as standard solution to the tt_content table. Example declaration could be:

CREATE TABLE tt_content (
	irre_parentid int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
	irre_parenttable varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
);

I am a little in doubt about NOT NULL but it should not hurt much.  Using NULLable columns may cause more problems than it is worth in terms of database size.

What do you think about adding such columns? Do you like field names?  They are almost the same as in old Olly's IRRE document (with 'irre_' prefix added).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.