[TYPO3-dev] Disabling fe_typo3_user cookie for a certain page types

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sat Jan 9 23:17:57 CET 2010

Hi.

I was playing around with blog_example and tried to add a RSS feed for
blog index.

Everything went smooth, except for turning off fe_sessions (including
fe_typo3_user cookie). My idea was that fe_session stuff is just
overhead here and so I tried to turn it off.

The RSS feed comes with a different page type (234) and my first idea
was to find some TS to turn the cookie off.

I use
# config.disableAllHeaderCode = 1
but it does not disable cookie.

I have just found dontSetCookie in TYPO3_CONF_VARS, but changing it
looks rather "smelly":

# ext_localconf.php
if ($_REQUEST['type'] == 234) {
	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["dontSetCookie"] = 1;
}

The RSS feed of tt_news somehow manages to not set a cookie. But I
couldn't find the magic.

What's the best practice here?

--
cheers,