[TYPO3-dev] Using TYPO3 API in external PHP-Script

Peter Rückers nospam at nospam.nospam
Tue Jan 5 17:32:20 CET 2010

Hi,

for an extension I do right now I need a task that has to be triggered
from outside (by calling a script via http://...).

Anyway, I see two general ways to do it:

    * Make a fe plugin within the extension so I can use the TYPO3 API
      when programming it
    * But having an extra php script for these tasks (as no frontend
      output is needed) seems more appropriate.

I like the latter idea, but is there a way to use the TYPO3 API in an
external script? Does anybody know of a tutorial or can anybody give me
some hints what I have to include in an extra php script to have the
functionalities (especially database operations) from the TYPO3 API?

Thanks,
Peter