[TYPO3-dev] suggest feature of TCEforms not working correctly with select fields?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jan 4 12:59:18 CET 2010

Hi list,

I wonder if it's just a missing configuration in my TCA of if probably
the suggest feature isn't working correctly. According to the pending
docs the suggest wizard can be used for fields of type "group" or
"select". I have problems with both, but primarily with select fields:

- I have to define the setting "allowed" also for select fields to get
search results ('foreign_table' seems to be ignored)
- the results that got added to the select field also get the table name
prepended for their uid value and thus saving the form will fail as only
integers are allowed for select field relations.

Can I configure somewhere that the uids of the search results don't get
prepended with the tablename? I haven't found anything so far. I also
have the same problem with prepended tablenames on "group" fields, where
only one table is allowed and the results get stored in a MM-table (same
issue/bug I think).

Any ideas? Thanks.

--
kind regards,