[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #13641: dam_ttcontent: Use new TYPO3 4.3 hook for preview images in page modul

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Feb 26 17:37:12 CET 2010

Hi,

> I welcomed and proposed the hooks when they were new to TYPO3, but now I see that have become a
> problem themselves.

I can believe that. Should we start using more interfaces instead? In
the current case, this would mean that content elements would implement
a given interface that would make them "previewable", for example. In a
transition phase, we could test for the existence of the method and fall
back on the hook if not present.

Interfaces are probably not usable in every case where we currently have
hooks, but it might a start to clean things up.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter