[TYPO3-dev] Page types and tabs

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Dec 30 12:21:00 CET 2010

Am 30.12.2010 08:07, schrieb Tapio Markula:
> Hi
>
> The pagetype external URL doesn't have tab 'metadata'. Even if external
> url can't have metadata created by Typo3, metadata is useful for *all*
> page types, which can be rendered as normal web pages, because etadata
> can be used in menus.
>
> Below an example of thumbhail menu, which use some metadata together
> with the page type external URL:
>
> http://vataja.xetnet.com/index.php?id=1665
>
> So I recommend to add metadata tab to shortcut and external Url (and
> mount page, if that doesn't alreaydy has it).

Hi Tapio.

Check out 4.5.0-beta3!

We have changed the layout for the page types, so that only the
"Special" section with "Folder", "Recycler" and "Menu Separator" hasn't
got a metadata tab at all.

The types of the "Link" section will have at least "abstract", "author
name", "author email" and "last update" available in this tab, while the
types of the "Page" section have got the official metadata with keywords
and description as well.

I guess this will do exactly what you proposed.

Cheers

Joey

PS: After being forced to drop my mail client after about 7(!) years due
to a breakdown of the VBox running my old PC virtually, this is the
first message sent with the new one - whoohoo!

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield