[TYPO3-dev] New phpunit extension version released, including vfsStream

Oliver Klee typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Mon Dec 27 10:05:13 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 27.12.2010 08:14, schrieb Stefan Frömken:
> I heard vfsStream and phpUnit just 2 or 3 days ago first. I found these
> packages in my Ubuntu-System. You can install them with help of apt-get
> or with "pear install". So why there is an extension for that?

That's because you might want to use vfsStream on systems where you
don't have the necessary privileges, or on Windows (where installing
PEAR stuff is a real hassle). In addition, the phpunit extension
provides a test runner for the TYPO3 BE and the TYPO3 command line, both
providing an initialized TYPO3 which is necessary to run the tests.

Also, this is for convenience. :-)

> For which versions of TYPO3 these packages are useful? TYPO3 4.4, 4.5 or
> Phoenix?

4.3, 4.4 and 4.5. phpunit is a 4.x extension and thus not compatible
with FLOW3/Phoenix (none of the 4.x extensions are).

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member