[TYPO3-dev] New phpunit extension version released, including vfsStream

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Dec 26 21:23:12 CET 2010

Hey,

Thanks Oliver for the new version, your patch #16847 immediately entered
my review list ;)

On 12/26/2010 09:08 PM, François Suter wrote:
>> This version includes vfsStream (a virtual file system)
>
> Could you quickly explain what advantages this feature brings?

vfsStream can be used for virtual file systems which exist at runtime
only and vanish after script end. For unit tests this is useful for
filesystem related tests, as there is no need to cleanup temporary files
created by tests.
At the moment the caching framework fileBackend is a candidate to use it
and it's already done so in the FLOW3 version of the tests. I'll try to
backport this to v4 to play with vfs as soon as I find some time to do so.

Regards
Christian