[TYPO3-dev] using TCEMAIN clear_cacheCmd in frontend in 4.5 trunk

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Dec 24 09:32:42 CET 2010

Hi,

> Seems I remembered slightly wrong - I'm sorry. Extbase is already
> respecting pageTS, although not with the full feature set of the core
> though, only checking for integers (pids) and not keywords and whatever
> else is possible.

Exactly, this is what I had in mind and confirmed after having written
it as I searched for the corresponding code in Extbase.

I really think we should have this feature available in Core. Being able
to officially (and properly) clear cache from a frontend-only session is
a must have. The existing solution was OK back then when users where
managing their content with BE but nowadays many extensions allow
content or records to be managed from FE only and this causes cache
problems as we know.

Cheers
Xavier