[TYPO3-dev] using TCEMAIN clear_cacheCmd in frontend in 4.5 trunk

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Dec 24 01:06:45 CET 2010

Hey,

>> tcemain is anyway the wrong place for clearing cache.
>> It's better to write a wrapper for cache management which can be
>> accessed as well from FE.
>
> May take inspiration from Extbase as it does it already (although it
> does not go as deeply as TCEMAIN IIRC).
>
> After searching for it quickly (to avoid letting you digging yourself
> into the code), have a look at method clearPageCache() from
> Classes/Persistence/Storage/Typo3DbBackend.php.

what's in my eyes still missing in the extbase aproach is a stack for
pages to be cleared. IIRC when you write/update multiple records in the
same storage folder, the cache for this page is cleared just as often,
but once would be enough though. AFAIK another issue is that TCEMAIN
cache hooks are not triggered and/or pageTS settings for additional
cache clearing are not respected - so that also has be addressed if you
add a FE-Api to the core.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch