[TYPO3-dev] Type field and "Save document and create a new one"

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Dec 23 00:54:21 CET 2010

Hi Stefano

>> Or in general, should the type field be identical to the last inserted
>> record after clicking this button?
>
> i've always thought it worked like this! doesn't it?

Yes and no.

When I create a Text w/Image element and hit "SaveDocNew", the second
element is also a Text w/Image element. When I click SaveDocNew in the
second element, the third element is a Text only element.

When I create a Text only element, change it to Text w/Image and hit
"SaveDocNew", the second element is a Text only element.

When I edit a Text w/Image element and hit "SaveDocNew", I get a Text
only element.

(Tested with current trunk)

Best regards,

Lorenz