[TYPO3-dev] Linkvalidator needs you

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Dec 22 10:39:54 CET 2010

Hi Dmitry,

Am 22.12.2010 10:32, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Patrick Gaumond wrote:
>> Enterprise CMS... It's expected to have such a tool. Clients over 7
>> years always asked me for such a feature.
>
> Is that a reason for a *sysext*? Why not a normal ext? News is also an
> important feature, speaking URLs too, etc. But they are not sysexts and
> hopefully will never be.
>
> You must understand that with a sysext you loose a possibility of quick
> updates and generally make updates more complicated.

i have to admit that it changed a bit. Now we have several projects in
core that are maintained by teams, located on forge, like extbase/fluid,
DBAL etc. All these projects are sysexts, so you are able at any time to
install this extension locally, checked out from svn, to get latest
changes active.

Sure, you need svn, but Andreas did this script which packs extensions
from forge automatically so everyone is able to download.

btw - this is also planned with linkvalidator.

vg Steffen