[TYPO3-dev] Core list rules, require the use of a newsreader?

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Dec 21 19:48:16 CET 2010

Hey,

On 12/20/2010 09:24 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> Do you think it is possible to add the requirement to use a newsreader
>> to post to this list? I would be in favour to do so.
>
> Why don't we migrate to the news server completely instead of mailing
> lists?

-1.

I still have far better usage experience with mailing list than with news:
- My imap server performs a very quick fulltext (mail body) search, and
I do this frequently in all important lists (core, dev, english, ..).
- Very often I tag mails via imap, there is no such thing for nntp,
especially because I often switch / use different clients, I need the
tag information server-side.

Those lists are critical infrastructure for me and I want to have it on
a local server which i can tune to fit my needs. Thats very simple via
mail but quite some hassle via nntp.

Please don't drop lists via smtp.

Regards
Christian