[TYPO3-dev] Linkvalidator needs you

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Dec 21 19:00:38 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 21.12.2010 17:49, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> We already have major extensions TYPO3 wouldn't be complete, but that
> aren't included as sysext.
>
> realurl, templavoila, tt_news ...

i agree realurl should be included. We had simulatestatics in old days,
and realurl would be the perfect substitution.

With TV i don't agree as integration as it use a different concept for
content creation. So it's good in extension, also well maintained.

news is a typical "most used" case. But i also don't agree as
integration. You can do the same without extension, just with normal
pages and content and some Typoscript. But for most it's more easy to
install something that works out-of-the-box, so they install tt_news.
btw - many users use tt_news for different content representation (not
as news)

> We use them in every single project and without them TYPO3 wouldn't be
> "complete".

Don't mix up web site content with CMS. Imho all you need for different
content representation is fine in normal extension. This can be very
individual.

> But I can perfectly live without a "recycler" and probably also without
> a link checker in most projects.

These helpers are a good addition. Recycler was long time in TER but
many time requested to include, it was a good chance for complete
rewrite, better code, better functionality etc.

We have many helpers in core, which is good, as you should have a good
set of tools to manage / maintain your project. Many parts are moved
from core to sysextension, mostly for refactor and better maintainance.
So a sysext is just a good place for core utilities. If you don't need,
uninstall them.
We could discuss for years which tools are good to include, which not.
So i think it's good to hear to external request, think about where
something is missing.

Sure we have a lot of stuff not needed in core, that's normal in a
long-time project. We can and for sure will delete many unnecessary
resources, 4.6 is a good chance to draw a line after LTS version and go
new ways, let's see what happens, i look forward to this :)

vg Steffen