[TYPO3-dev] Linkvalidator needs you

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Dec 21 14:06:27 CET 2010

> Enterprise CMS... It's expected to have such a tool. Clients over 7
> years always asked me for such a feature.
>
> Sure, a 100 pages website doesn't need such a tool and cag_linkchecker
> is available as a "just-in-time" solution but 1000 pages websites needs
> a more robust solution. Hence the Scheduler support of LinkValidator.

I support Dmitry's opinion here. Besides saying "yes, TYPO3 can check
your links", I see only disadvantages (responsibility of the core team
to maintain the code (in doubt), rules for core development apply
(reviews, new features etc.)).

I'm really happy to see a good solution for the 404 problem, but I would
prefer to have it as a separate extension in TER.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert