[TYPO3-dev] Linkvalidator needs you

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail-no-spam.com
Tue Dec 21 12:55:57 CET 2010

On 2010-12-21 04:09, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Patrick Gaumond wrote:
>> May I ask for more eyeballs for Linkvalidator which should become a new
>> sysext for 4.5 ?
>
> Why a sysext? There are too many sysexts in my opinion. We should
> reduce, not increase.

Hello Dmitry,

Enterprise CMS... It's expected to have such a tool. Clients over 7
years always asked me for such a feature.

Sure, a 100 pages website doesn't need such a tool and cag_linkchecker
is available as a "just-in-time" solution but 1000 pages websites needs
a more robust solution. Hence the Scheduler support of LinkValidator.

You can also check into your own extensions for broken links. Nifty. :)

Patrick