[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.2.16, 4.3.9 and 4.4.5

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Tue Dec 21 01:44:54 CET 2010

On 21/12/10 11:23, Helmut Hummel wrote:

>> I also have problems with TYPO3 4.4.5 running with safemode activated:
[...]
> Remember: safemode also escapes commands passed to exec, which results
> in double quoting here.

Hi all! I know the following comment is not directly related to the
issue and it does not describe a short time solution. Nevertheless I
would like to point out that PHP's safe_mode feature has been
*deprecated* as of PHP 5.3.x [1] anyway.

"safe_mode" is (was) an attempt to address security problems in
shared-server environments. In general, it is architecturally incorrect
to try to solve those problems at the PHP level.

If you have an influence on the hosting and maybe the chance to set up
an environment without safe_mode activated you may want to consider this
option better sooner than later :-)

[1] http://php.net/manual/features.safe-mode.php

Cheers
Michael