[TYPO3-dev] Core list rules, require the use of a newsreader?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Dec 18 22:21:27 CET 2010

On Dec 18, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Helmut Hummel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the core list evolved to a high traffic list during the last years,
> which on the one hand shows the great development pace on the one hand
> but on the other hand makes it hard to follow sometimes.
> Especially it is confusing if the threads are not kept together
> because
> of some mail clients fail to set the reference headers correctly.
>
> Do you think it is possible to add the requirement to use a newsreader
> to post to this list? I would be in favour to do so.
>
> Kind regards,
> Helmut

This is by far not a high traffic list so
for that reason only I don't think it should be a requirement.

If you say that some mail clients don't set headers correctly
then you have a point, mail clients should set that appropriately
so threads can be followed correctly (in the right order).

However, I would keep the mailing list open like the way
it is to make it easer for new people to chime in
and follow what's happening. I have seen new people on the
#TYPO3 IRC channel that never heard, and where surprised
about the 'hidden' world in TYPO3 (eg news servers available).

Just my 2 cents.

Ries