[TYPO3-dev] heavy performance issues using workspaces

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Dec 6 19:14:06 CET 2010

>> anyone else experiencing heavy performance issues using workspaces? as
>> soon as i enter another workspace then LIVE the backend becomes terribly
>> slow and the cpu use of chrome/safari/ff4 jumps upto 100% for like ten
>> seconds.
>>
> this seems to be an CSS issue. It seems the CSS3 Shadow and
> border-shadow (or sth. like this) which is applied from several
> directions is not well implemented in some rendering engines. You are on
> Mac? Until today I just heard of Chrome (on Windows) having problems
> with this.
> All other browser seemed to be fine.

Exactly, as Steffen pointed out, this is a (for us) known issue (only)
for Webkit based browsers (Safari, Chrome, Webkit nightly).

The implementation of box-shadow inset seems to very poor there (and
it's three of them in the top bar).

We're aware of that and we also discussed a different styling method,
which I will try to implement within the next few days.

Nevertheless, thanks for keeping your eyes open and reporting such (for
me totally unexpected) phenomenons!

Kind regards
Steffen

--