[TYPO3-dev] heavy performance issues using workspaces

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Dec 6 18:30:36 CET 2010

Am 06.12.2010 18:16, schrieb Felix Oertel:
> hey everyone,
>
> anyone else experiencing heavy performance issues using workspaces? as
> soon as i enter another workspace then LIVE the backend becomes terribly
> slow and the cpu use of chrome/safari/ff4 jumps upto 100% for like ten
> seconds.
>
> Is there possibly anything wrong with the JS? I would not go for my
> add-ons as I don't use any in safari and only click2flash in chrome.

Hi,
this seems to be an CSS issue. It seems the CSS3 Shadow and
border-shadow (or sth. like this) which is applied from several
directions is not well implemented in some rendering engines. You are on
Mac? Until today I just heard of Chrome (on Windows) having problems
with this.
All other browser seemed to be fine.

Could you please check, if "removing the styles" fastens up your backend
again.

regards

Steffen