[TYPO3-dev] JPEG quality

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Aug 31 16:08:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

if you have "color" problems in your jpegs, it is most likely not
related to quality settings, but due to the fact that they come from a
source using CMYK color spectrum (as oposed to a RGB spectrum).

This usually leads to a different result when converted and scaled (by
TYPO3) to a RGB jpg to be used on the Web.

Solution is to convert the files using Photoshop et al to jpg using a
proper color profiles, before converting them to RGB.

For an "quick start" check out this instructions:
http://www.ws-online.de/software/cmyk_rgb.html

Cheers,
Ernesto