[TYPO3-dev] JPEG quality

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:31:54 CEST 2010

Hello folks!

Just beeing curious; to what value do you set the
JPEG quality in the install tool for your projects?

I tend to have a default of 55 and raise it up to
75 if needed.

The problem we have with clients is that they sometimes
complain that images (especiall RED ones) look "awful"
in their oppinion. Unfortunately this is true to a
certain degree - red images/jpegs look not as good
as other colors.

This ends up in setting the quality to 90 or even higher
to satisfy the customer - but imo this really bugs me!!

How do you handle this? How to you argument a higher
compression ratio?

Thanks for your oppinions,
Thomas