[TYPO3-dev] RTE initialization

J. Lingott jbl at deweblop.de
Mon Aug 30 18:33:12 CEST 2010

  Hello list,

Am using an ajax request on a backend extension to extend the form
fields dynamically, but when trying to integrate a field with type RTE
it cannot be loaded as the rtehtmlarea extension gets initialized when
there is a field of type RTE contained on the form. When getting
initialized it pushes some inline javascripts into the generated html
content, which obviously is missing when doing it dynamically.

Tried adding the JS files generation of the rtehtmlarea extension to my
routine, but that seems to be quite complex, as it refers to quite a
great amount of properties being defined during initialization as well
as it does not provide a proper method to return the JS files/ inline
code. Anyone having knowledge about that might be of really great help,
as i suppose the answer to my question is: no it can't.

Making a long story short, can the RTE be initialized completely by
Javascript?

Cheers

J. Lingott