[TYPO3-dev] The first few bugs ever ... something to do ...

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Aug 26 21:54:46 CEST 2010

David Bruchmann wrote:

Hi David,

> My intention is that very old bugs could be closed step by step and if
> required a patch should be transmitted. So perhaps after some month all
> bugs with number < 1000 could be closed, later 2000 and so on.

Nope, this is a serious No-Go for an issue tracking system. To really
close these issues you need to go and triage each issue individually.
You can then close them if you can't reproduce them.
As long as the issue is not resolved or found non-reproducible it's a
valid issue. You can't just go and close it just because it's old...

We can be quite sure though when closing old issues marked as resolved.
These most likely haven't been caught yet as back then the "process" was
not that strict yet... assigning the fixed in version field and so on.
These fields help us a lot to find fixed issues today.

HTH
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner