[TYPO3-dev] future of FORM

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 26 19:13:27 CEST 2010

Reinhard Führicht schrieb am 26.08.2010 12:47:
> Am 2010-08-24 16:26, schrieb Christian Opitz - Netzelf:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> i'm confused about which extension to use for form generation and
>> handling. A while ago i was beginning to write an extension to
>> formhandler that should serve as GUI to create and manage forms and
>> fields [1][2]. But because the project was dependent of a job that took
>> a while to start i did not work on it for a while.
>>
>> Now i'm working on it again and i'm thinking about changing it's
>> behaviour from an ext for formhandler to a form manager that can export
>> to several formats like tca, zend form (already working), FORM, HTML,
>> formhandler configuration etc. BUT: I read about the FORM-project and
>> that for it a wizard is planned. When thats true my extension would be
>> more or less obsolete because i would center it arround this wizard and
>> not write an own.
>>
>> Now my questions are: Are the updates on the FORM-project [3][4]? Or is
>> this project obsolete and a spread compromise is to use powermail or
>> formhandler? Do you see any sense in writing an form management module
>> at all?
>>
>> [1]
>> http://www.iks.hs-merseburg.de/~meinike/PDF/aa/bachelorarbeit_opitz.pdf
>> (german only - sorry)
>> [2] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-formhandlergui
>>
>> [3] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-form
>> [4]
>> http://typo3.org/development/sponsoring/list-of-sponsored-projects/new-form-object/
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Christian
>
> To make this discussion more vivid, maybe we could manage to set up a
> skype chat? What do you think about that and what would be a good time?

Yes, we could do that, and I would be glad to join. I would prefer next
week, maybe on tuesday 10am (CEST)? I am "baschny" on skype.

Here is a "brainstorming" Patrick did some years ago on that topic [1].

Just a side-note: "SwiftMailer" *will* be integrated in the core, that
is "my project" already for 4.5. So at least that "utility" has been
considered already. ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Form_Wizard_for_TYPO3_4.2