[TYPO3-dev] Logic challenge with felogin, realurl and redirect setting

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 24 09:17:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

On one site a combination of settings results in the login redirect not
working as requested. I understand that each part works as
expected/required, but the combination is giving me headaches:

1. realurl configured to have the home page at http://www.domain.ext/
(no further path / file name)
2. felogin configured to redirect at login to the home page (uid: 1)

After login felogin checks for login status and checks all the redirect
options. It finds a redirect ('login'), reads the page id to redirect to
('1') and asks the core to make a (relative) link to that page.
Realurl kicks in and builds the relative url ('').
Felogin checks if a redirect url was created and sees that this is not
the case, so it does not redirect.

I don't consider this a bug of any of the parts involved, but the result
of this combination is a bit problematic.

I could make a redirect to a page which contains a redirect (meta and/or
JS) to the home page as a dirty workaround, but I prefer a clean solution.

Any ideas how to set up a redirect in this case?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert