[TYPO3-dev] scheduler and doNotLoadInFE

Mario Matzulla mario at matzullas.de
Thu Aug 19 22:58:50 CEST 2010

Hi François, hi Xavier,

Am 19.08.10 10:45, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,

>>> I don't get the difference on having the records in the scheduler db or
>>> in a different table. The scheduler looks for new tasks every x minutes,
>>> why would it be better to have a recurring task checking for reminders
>>> instead? Just because it is one task?
>>
>> What Steffen suggests is exactly the same as me. The advantages are:
>>
>> - only one task registered with the Scheduler
>> - the "reminder" table can be written from the FE and there's no need to
>> enable the Scheduler in FE anymore (which I find better from a
>> conceptual point of view).
>>
>> If it's not too late in your development, I would really encourage to
>> take this approach. Of course it's your choice eventually ;-)
>
> I agree here. I don't like either the approach of having "dumb" tasks
> registered for each and every reminder. I'd prefer too having a general
> "cal reminder" task taking care of its own reminder business. Having the
> list of tasks flooded by cal would not be great.

I really don't get the advantage. Isn't the message of the scheduler:
"one to serve them all" ?? So the scheduler should be solid enough to do
so. No matter how many tasks he has to work through.

If I would create a general reminder task for the scheduler, I would
only have to reinvent parts of the scheduler itself to search for
reminder tasks in a different table. So I really don't get it :(

Sorry,
Mario