[TYPO3-dev] scheduler and doNotLoadInFE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 19 18:14:19 CEST 2010

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 19.08.2010 17:37:
> Hi,
>
> On 19-8-2010 16:41, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> Otherwise the "cal" scheduler task will have to be run every minute
>> in vain.
>
> Funny that you mention this. When I proposed to my sysadmin to set a
> cronjob for the scheduler by default for new installations he said that
> he rather didn't do that, because if the scheduler wasn't used (yet) the
> cronjob would have to be run every few minutes in vain...
>
> Had to laugh a bit when I read your post :-)

Running scheduler cronjob every minute means at least 1440 "impressions"
per day (added to the regular page impressions in the frontend +
backend). That might indeed be a problem for a hoster that is only
expecting a very few 1000's impressions per month.

But running scheduler every 5 minutes gives only 288 impressions a day.
8640 impressions per month. A number that will hardly harm a regular
hosting environment.

Cheers,
Ernesto