[TYPO3-dev] scheduler and doNotLoadInFE

Mario Matzulla mario at matzullas.de
Wed Aug 18 21:43:59 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Am 18.08.10 20:57, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi Mario,
>
> Mario Matzulla schrieb:
>>
>> Yes, when we create an event in the calendar, we provide the option to
>> get a reminder x minutes before the event takes place. So afaiks we
>> need to create this scheduler task from within the fe-plugin while
>> saving the event....
>>

> but then it would be the better approach to have one task running every
> minute or every 2, getting the reminder records from db and doing the
> job. Creating one time tasks will flood the scheduler.

I don't get the difference on having the records in the scheduler db or
in a different table. The scheduler looks for new tasks every x minutes,
why would it be better to have a recurring task checking for reminders
instead? Just because it is one task?

Is there a limit for tasks the scheduler can handle during one execution?

Regards,
Mario