[TYPO3-dev] Performance optimization Typo3

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 18 10:00:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> You have a different goal then. I would like to see t3lib to be clean of any FE stuff and pure BE
>> stuff. The latter is already moving to typo3/classes (great). For the former should be made a
>> distinction if the code relies on features of the "cms" extension or not. If yes, it must go there
>> or be added to another (dependent) extensions. Otherwise it can be put into t3lib, but perhaps in a
>> subfolder (eg "t3lib/fe").
>
> +1 to t3lib/fe. In my opinion the whole "cms" required extension is a wrong
> thing. Nobody would use TYPO3 without it, so it must not be an extension.

i don't think it's so bad as we need some in extensions. But "cms" is
something like an extension "typo3". It should only do pagemodule and
related stuff and called page or web_page. Complete tslib should be
reside in t3lib/fe or simular.

> Btw, do we start discussing a better architecture of TYPO3? :)

seems so :) To use the transition dogma we should start to macerate
seperation BE/FE and abstract some things. Auth is a good example, it's
the same process, only difference is the context of user.

vg Steffen