[TYPO3-dev] Meta tag "noindex, nofollow" on development domain

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 00:42:35 CEST 2010

Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Just add some lines to your .htaccess which restricts access the
> development site by password and/or a set of IPs.
>
> Of course you can also add a robots.txt which contains the
> noindex,nofollow entries.

Hoi and thanks for your reply!

Not sure how to implement .htaccess restrictions
or robots.txt based noindex and nofollow options
for only a single, specific domain.

The physical website/TYPO3 installation is accessible
via 'www.project.com' and also 'project.agency.com' so
the website is not moved to another host or server, only
a new domain (www.project.com) is configured.

Therefor I'm not sure how to restrict search engines
for only one domain or in other words, to disallow
indexing pages, when accessing the website via the dev-domain.

Thanks for help!

Thomas