[TYPO3-dev] Apache2 rewrite rule for sitemap.xml doesn't work

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:38:25 CEST 2010

Hello folks!

The following .htaccess rewrite rule:

    # sitemap.xml
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} sitemap\.xml
    RewriteRule ^sitemap\.xml$    /index.php?eID=dd_googlesitemap [L]

does not work and throws the following error:
     "The page did not exist or was inaccessible. Reason: File
"sitemap.xml" was not found (2)!"

If I change it to a redirect:

    # sitemap.xml
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} sitemap\.xml
    RewriteRule ^sitemap\.xml$    /index.php?eID=dd_googlesitemap [R,L]

it's correctly redirected!

So I'm wondering what's actually wrong with the rewrite rule?
It seems that TYPO3 somehow reads the wrong "REQUEST_URI", or
Apache2 doesn't internally replace the URI correctly?!

Anybody out there who can help me with this?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas