[TYPO3-dev] scheduler and doNotLoadInFE

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Aug 16 12:17:06 CEST 2010

Hi Mario,

> in cal (calendar base) we make use of the scheduler to remind of events.
> Now we also have a fe-editing and we want to create reminder also from
> the frontend. This is not possible anymore, since the scheduler is not a
> listed fe-plugin :(

Something just crossed my mind again about this topic: I haven't look at
the details of your implementation, but I'm wondering about something:
do you create a Scheduler task for each reminder? If yes I wonder if
this is a sensible approach. The risk is that - on a large web site -
the Scheduler will be filled with tons of tasks, making it nearly
impossible for the admins to manage other tasks in the Scheduler.

Just a thought...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter