[TYPO3-dev] TypoScript in DB or File?

Lina Wolf liste at linawolf.de
Sun Aug 15 23:58:00 CEST 2010

  Hi Popy,

I opened a new thread as I think we are straying from the main topic.

I agree with you, that its best for development of enterprise CMS to
have the TS in files and therefore under version controll. Also this
enables several programmers to work on it and merge the result. Also
deployment process is easier that way.

I also prefere to have a custom skin extension where the TypoScript lies
such that the fileadmin is reserved for userdata only. This way when you
deploy just deploy the extensions, while you leave the content files in
the fileadmin untached.

Also the main skin extension can have dependencies on TYPO3 Version,
other extensions and the such.

Lina

--
LG Lina