[TYPO3-dev] Coding Guidelines for TypoScript

Christian Opitz - Netzelf christian.opitz at netzelf.de
Sat Aug 14 20:34:17 CEST 2010

  Hi,
Am 14.08.2010 15:43, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hard to make easy to follow "rules" to improve readability.
> If we have "rules" t3editor would need a 'reformat' button to fix the
> code again after editing it.
Sounds like this could cause some confusion when you have a lot of code.
Imho an equivalent of the t3editor as Eclipse-plugin would be best. This
would allow for working on template and even more TS-files
simultaneously, version them and could be good place for formatting too.
I know, there are already some editor-implementations but they miss sth.
very important that t3editor has: code completion with consideration of
existing configuration.

It's a bit off-topic but i'ld like to tell you that for this i lately
wrote an extension [1]. This hooks in tstemplate to save the TS in files
and include these in the "real" template-records. So it's possible to
keep your TS under version control but enjoy the t3editor too.

BTW: What is your preferred file extension for TS-files? .ts or .txt?

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-tstemplate_bin

regards,
christian