[TYPO3-dev] condition on language

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Sat Aug 14 02:05:22 CEST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:27:38 +0200 François Suter wrote:

[...]
> But I found the property I was actually looking for when I started
> replying in this thread ;-). As I mentioned in my previous mail, in a
> well-configured installation you will have defined a config.language
> property. This is accessible using:
>
> tsfe:config|config|language
>
> Now I don't know if this will help you, since in my installations I
> defined config.language for various languages based on tests on the L
> variable, so it's getting of the snake biting its own tail. However as I
> understood your requirements it will at least not amount to a direct
> test on L.

this won't help as you can't access values in a condition which are
defined inside another condition. This belongs to the translation from TS
to PHP.
all TS except inside conditions is translated. this is the base for all
condition-tests. after the evaluation of all conditions all TS inside the
conditions is translated.
no chance to question a value which is not (re-)defined yet.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html