[TYPO3-dev] saltedpasswords and umlauts

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Thu Aug 12 10:22:59 CEST 2010

Am 12.08.2010 09:48, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Hi,
>
> I switched one of my sites to 4.4+saltedpasswords over the weekend.
> No the first user complains that he's not able to login anymore -
> assuming the "ü" in his password can be the problem.
>
> I tried this and -locked me out of my installation-.. ahh.. saw he was
> right :)
> Saltedpasswords and umlauts in passwords cause the next login to fail.

Saltedpasswords brings unit tests regarding umlauts. Running them should
succeed (tests passed). If this is also the case on your installation,
the broken umlauts is not directly related to saltedpasswords. Most
probably it's an encoding/charset problem with JS-libs of rsa.

Could you please reply and tell us:
* do you use rsa with saltedpasswords?
* do the above mentioned unit tests pass?

Cheers,
Marcus.