[TYPO3-dev] scheduler and doNotLoadInFE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 12 10:11:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Am 12.08.2010 00:07, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>> So i see advantage for following functions:
>> t3lib_extMgm::isLoadedInBE
>> t3lib_extMgm::isLoadedInFE
>
> I don't see a need for that as IMO it is not interesting to know if
> something is available in the BE if you are in the FE

you read the problem from Mario? It's needed - you only can add an
extension to FE if the extension is loaded (in BE). As the ext manager
returns FALSE in this case it's not usable for this need.

As we introduced the extlist for FE we also have to take care about the
API which should handle this difference.

>> t3lib_extMgm::addExtensionToFE
>
> Isn't that the wrong approach? Shouldn't be there just a way to overrule
> the ext-list if the ext is installed?

this is what the function should do. Instead of manual manipulating of
the list, the API should do that.

vg Steffen