[TYPO3-dev] saltedpasswords and umlauts

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Aug 12 09:48:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

I switched one of my sites to 4.4+saltedpasswords over the weekend.
No the first user complains that he's not able to login anymore -
assuming the "ü" in his password can be the problem.

I tried this and -locked me out of my installation-.. ahh.. saw he was
right :)
Saltedpasswords and umlauts in passwords cause the next login to fail.

Marcus, Steffen or anybody else: Are you aware of this / did you
experience this already?
Is this a configuration problem on my site?

The site is complete utf8 and the error seems to happen while automatic
conversion from md5->salted and manual password changes (after having
saltedpw activated).

Do you have any starting point for me to debug?

I tried it using HTTPS and HTTP (using RSA), none of them works.
On my local installation, I also tried salted MD5 instead of PHPASS, but
this also didn't change anything.

Kind regards
Steffen

--