[TYPO3-dev] Untouched bug in Bugtracker

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Thu Aug 12 08:41:43 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Stefan Frömken <firma at sfroemken.de>
Gesendet:   Donnerstag, 12. August 2010 08:15:53
An:         typo3-dev at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-dev] Untouched bug in Bugtracker

> You're right. With slide you can solve this problem. But if you don't
> slide, you're landing here:
>
> if (!$slideBack) {
> return $rootLine[$key][$field];
> }
>
> And only for this case I thought it's better to limit $key to the
> maximum ammount of rootline.
>
> As I told you...it's a very little bug/problem/unattractiveness.

OK, I understand.
Nevertheless it may breake current installations and the lines you
inserted don't solve the problem i.e. when the first available title is
on level 10 or 9. Your requested feature is possible without your code
but additionaly your code to simple for being a good idea for all levels
and not only for level n-1.
And current installations expect that the title keeps empty when
unavailable.
Your code would be for a special case where a solution already can be
build by TS.

I'm no core-developer but my opinion is that those feature-requests
should be ignored because it blows up the code without further features
and all in all it's getting harder to read when several of those
solutions are implemented.

I propose you to build a TS-solution and if it's a bit more tricky than
your php-lines than you will find people that like to use it.

Sorry,
David