[TYPO3-dev] typo3temp/compressor/ - autocleanup?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Aug 11 17:39:34 CEST 2010

Am 11.08.10 16:17, schrieb Oliver Klee:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.08.2010 15:07, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> I think a scheduler task (or better a task for lowlevel_cleaner?) would
>> not be a bad idea.
>
> When the compressor creates a new version of a compressed file, the old
> versions aren't needed (and not usable) anymore IIRC. So wouldn't it
> (also) make sense that the compressor deletes the old versions directly
> after creating the new ones?

That's not possible:

* With merged versions, you don't know, what has been merged, so don't
know, if they're still needed (they just start with merged-*hash*) - you
can have diffent merged CSS/JS files
* With filename-*hash* you just know the file name, but not the full
path. So may be we have two files with the same name in different
directories

Because of the hash changes, when the filesizes/mtimes changes, it says
nothing.

Kind regards
Steffen

--