[TYPO3-dev] Bug in t3lib_pageSelect::storeHash()

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Wed Aug 11 09:22:33 CEST 2010

Hi Christian, ( takling to my self cool ;-) )...

>> Wouldn`t it be better if setPageCacheContent() checks via
>> cache->has() if the cache allready exists before the same cache is set
>> again ?
>>
>> this would save us 4 querys each time you reload a page.
>
> General problem is, that the data might have changed meanwhile. So,
> has() could return true, but then "old" data might be used. I need to
> take a deeper look into the logic to come to a conclusion in this case.

Ok this makes me curious,... the cache identifier here is an md5 hash of
the serialized output,.. so if the output has changed the md5 should be
changed, right ?

> Quote: "There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache
> invalidation and naming things”. Phil Karlton

Totally right,... and we all know md5 is not bulletproof and the devil
is a chipmunk,... but normally md5 on the serialized output should
change if the output changes,..

Regard chris