[TYPO3-dev] scheduler and doNotLoadInFE

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Aug 9 20:52:52 CEST 2010

Hi Mario,

> in cal (calendar base) we make use of the scheduler to remind of events.
> Now we also have a fe-editing and we want to create reminder also from
> the frontend. This is not possible anymore, since the scheduler is not a
> listed fe-plugin :(
>
> Could someone please tell me why? Or better a workaround?
> Or would it be possible to change this setting to:
> doNotLoadInFE = 0

Do you mean you are trying to create task registrations from the FE?
Indeed that was not originally planned, but I can see that it could be
useful. As explained by Georg, the whole point of "doNotLoadInFE" is to
make the FE lighter and the Scheduler seemed like a good candidate since
it was designed more as an admin tool.

Feel free to submit a patch for that change. However until that goes
into core I'm afraid there's no other way round than patching your
source. Or maybe you could try to load the required classes by giving a
more explicit path. AFAIK as long as you don't rely on t3lib_extMgm you
shouldn't be blocked by the extension not being available in the FE.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter