[TYPO3-dev] Re: [TYPO3-mvc] Implementing REST/generic webservice for Typo3/extbase

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Aug 7 13:18:17 CEST 2010

Hey Lina,

> You might also want to have a look at our current XML-RPC Implementation in
> the new branch of timtab. I am more strongly involved in other areas of the
> timtab development but I know that Werner Trunk sucessfully repaired XML-RPC
> with blogger, metablog and parts of the wordpress API. Even images get
> transported. Next we will work on the Pingback Implementation.

thanks for pointing to this again. I remember you mentioned this on the
workshop. I'll have a look at your implementation, although REST might
better suit my current needs. But the topic is about a generic
webservice - so the transport layer (SOAP, REST, XML-RPC) should be
interchangeable anyway. The "application" layer/controller should be fed
with "clean" prepared objects and shouldn't have to care about any
transport layer specific stuff.

Let's see what I can come up with if the customer decides for the
webservice (which he should, as it's really needed in his case).
Probably he can do some sponsoring - we'll see.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch