[TYPO3-dev] Some generell questions regarding the install tool

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Aug 7 11:32:24 CEST 2010

Am 06.08.10 18:32, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> I'd like to ask sime questions - just out of curiousity:
>
> There is a section that has areas called:
> [defaultUserTSconfig]
> [defaultTypoScript_constants]
> [defaultTypoScript_setup]
> [defaultTypoScript_editorcfg]
>
> All but the setup field are textareas. But why is the setup field only a
> simple input field?
Please open a report for this, as Jigal suggested. Should be easy to
fix. (or can you even create a patch?)

> The update section of the installer offers 3,4 possibilities. At the end
> of any of these update processes there is a confirmation message - but
> no back button. Seen from a usability point of view this is kind of
> strange... not everybody gets the idea of clicking the update menu
> button again (I've seen so with some clients and my designers). Any
> chance to implement a simple back link?
We're aware of this issue and I already reported it [1].
Update Wizards are a nightmare, Patrick Broens is working on the Install
Tool and we all hope that he - or sb. else - finds the time to improve
this functionality.

Kind regards
Steffen

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14790