[TYPO3-dev] Some generell questions regarding the install tool

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Fri Aug 6 18:32:17 CEST 2010

hi, T3-Team,

First of all thanks for your awesome work that you have been doing all
the time and still are doing!!!

I'd like to ask sime questions - just out of curiousity:

There is a section that has areas called:
[defaultUserTSconfig]
[defaultTypoScript_constants]
[defaultTypoScript_setup]
[defaultTypoScript_editorcfg]

All but the setup field are textareas. But why is the setup field only a
simple input field?

The update section of the installer offers 3,4 possibilities. At the end
of any of these update processes there is a confirmation message - but
no back button. Seen from a usability point of view this is kind of
strange... not everybody gets the idea of clicking the update menu
button again (I've seen so with some clients and my designers). Any
chance to implement a simple back link?

Thanks and 2 thumbs up!
Robert