[TYPO3-dev] Running backend module outside of backend

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 1 19:49:58 CEST 2010

Julius wrote:
> I  am currently building an extbase-based module, which is intended to
> be run outside of regular typo3 backend. I know how to setup typo3
> framework with init.php and dispatching  calls in  own  my index-script
> to  the  according backend module, but got stuck on the login to forward
> it to my script. Are there any examples or help how to realize this, to
> get a glue for a smart solution?

The first thing that popped up in my head was the question: "Why?".

There are two cases where I need something simpler than the full blown
CMS: cron scripts and AJAX calls.

For cron scripts you can either use the cli_dispatch.phpsh script or the
new scheduler extension (a single cron job takes care of all scheduler
tasks).
AJAX calls can use the eID scripts to have a minimal TYPO3 setup.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish which cannot be done with
the current TYPO3 tools. Maybe you can explain a bit more?

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl